1. You guys. This is big. The new Gilmore Girls episodes have an official premiere date of November 25th. If anyone needs me the day after Thanksgiving, I’ll be glued to the couch, eating leftover turkey sandwiches and hanging with Rory and Lorelei. Oh, and taking care of a newborn. NBD.
2. Mothers of small males… help me. What’s the official rule with swim diapers and swimsuits in public places? Do little dudes always need a swim diaper on with their swimsuit? Or only when their swimsuit doesn’t have the meshy part? I can’t seem to figure it out.
3. Speaking of my adorable small male… I have a love/hate relationship with this age/phase of his life. Am I allowed to say that? Let me be clear, I love HIM more than anything… but this PHASE is kinda gnarly. The thing of it is, he’s so fun and sweet and charming!… like, 60% percent of the time. The other 40%, he’s crying and whining NON.STOP and for no apparent reason. I think that it’s a combo of his inability to communicate everything he wants to + testing his boundaries and the such, but for the love of mozzarella sticks, it’s so frustrating. For all of us. I know it’s tough on him too, and I’m trying so so hard to be patient and talk him through as much as possible. But for a person with high anxiety (hi!), the constant sound of whining and crying is like taking a cheese grater to my nerves. We’ve all been practicing taking a lot of deep breaths lately. Anyway. Anyone that I mention this to who has older kids is like MWAHAHAHAHA just wait until he’s 2/3! and I’m all like, shove it. Maybe this will be his most frustrating age?! Maybe?!!!!? MAYBE! Yah, I doubt it too.
4. Ok, thanks for letting me vent. Now let me talk about how cute my kid is. If you follow me on instagram, you maybe saw this video. He’s been saying new words almost daily and it is so so fun. But my favorite by far is his “ohhhh yesss”! Which he says with just a slight lisp. Sometimes when he says it, I think he sounds like an old-timey fortune teller. It’s truly the greatest and it makes me want to lick his face. Is…. that weird?
5. Portland friends, where is the best place to get fried chicken? I’m asking for a friend…
6. I have something kind of crazy to tell you… I love Chrissy Teigen’s cookbook Cravings. I started following Chrissy on social media a while ago because 1) she’s hilar and 2) she was always talking about and cooking amazing-looking food. My two criteria for best friendship status. Then I found out she had a food blog that I started following, and then she came out with Cravings and I gotta say…. it’s awesome. I’ve made probably 10+ things from it in the last few weeks and we’ve loved (almost) everything. Homegirl like’s her shiz spicy though, so I learned the hard way to cut back on some of the peppers/hot sauces.
7. Speaking of spicy, and also something I put on instagram…. sometimes I tell Crosby that things are spicy if I don’t want to share them with him. Don’t you judge me! I’m pregnant! It’s the baby’s fault!
8. When we were in Paris I made sure to stop into a few French pharmacies to check out their famous skincare products. I picked up a couple of things but I have to say that the Embryolisse face cream I bought is magnificent. I’m so in love with it. I’ve been using it for about a month now and my face feels like Crosby’s ass. (??!?) Anyways, I just started to get worried about what I would do once I ran out but a quick google search taught me that it’s sold at Sephora. HA! Serves me right for thinking I was being all cool and Franch when I bought it. But I don’t care because now I know I can buy it whenevs! And so can you! Though it is much more expensive here than it was in Paris. Maybe I need to go back and stock up? Casey? Thoughts?
9. Have you guys been watching the Bachelorette? Ugh, I’m so invested this season and it’s kind of driving me nuts. I love Jojo but…. she’s been making some really questionable decisions. In my professional opinion, she just sent home the 2 guys that she has the most actual potential with. The final two are just duddly duds… with beautiful abs. Also, I’ve loved Chase from Day 1 but I think watching him crack a beer after being dumped was the most hilarious shit ever. I love him even more now. Sometimes I feel the urge to do episode recaps here on the blog but then I remember that I still want you guys to like me.
10. What should one do if she finds a gray eyelash? I’m asking for a friend…