1. Both of my kids are currently napping at the same time! This doesn’t happen very often but when it does, I freak out about all the “free time” I have and then spend an inappropriate amount of time debating what I should do with said “free time”, which ends up being just a big fat waste of the “free time”! I could take a nap too, but the few times I’ve tried that during the elusive double kid nap, I barely fall asleep before I’m woken up by human foghorns and then I just end up feeling like a piece of old sushi for the rest of the day. (<— what.) I also kind of want to just watch TV or read a book or something… but I’m not currently into any shows (any recos?) and the book I’m reading is about parenting so that’s super boring. (ha.) I usually just end up doing chores… laundry, emptying the dishwasher, washing wine glasses, etc. etc. But that stuff sucks, so today I’m letting the dishes sit in the sink so I can go back to my roots and do some good old-fashioned blogging on the interwebs. Excuse me while I dust off my Mario Teaches Typing skills.
2. annnnnnnd Crosby just woke up, so I’ll see ya again in 5 months!
**I’m back. It’s 3 weeks later. ::facepalm::
So let’s just try to get through this quickly, shall we? (That’s what she said.) ((Sorry, I’m a little rusty.)) (((That’s what she said.))) ((((Ugh.))))
3. We FINALLY found and moved into our new house last month. It’s a sweet bungalow in South Minneapolis, and we are absolutely, 100% loving it. Eh…. make that 99%….. I just found some weird bugs in Willa’s room and I’m a little squicked out.
4. We took a family vacation to San Diego with my mom, stepdad, brothers + their fams a few weeks ago and it was super fun… we truly had a blast. However. A “vacation” with two small children…. can we actually call that a vacation? It’s kind of like everyday life, in a different setting, doing much more exciting errands. Actually, this old Huff Post article sums up my feelings prettttty perfectly. No but seriously, we had a great time. And if I had my shit together better I would have written a whole post about it with lots of photos… instead you’ll just have to use your imagination to picture us building Crosby a potty (AKA large hole) in the sand so we wouldn’t have to leave the beach to find a bathroom.
5. I wrote an article for a website a few years ago when we first moved to Portland about how hard it is to make friends as an adult. And many years later, I feel like I’m reliving that yet again. Don’t get me wrong, some of our very best friends in the whole world live within an hour or two of us right now, which is baller. (<—- stop.) But not many of them live super close by. Like, bop on over for a quick playdate or a glass of wine close by. So I’m still very much feeling the growing pains of moving to a “new” city. I really haven’t made any new friends since we got back here and I’m kinda just like… howwwww do I do this? Is there a dating site for making friends?? If so, ugh, no thanks… that actually sounds awful. I’ll just have a drink by mahself.
6. Speaking of, I miss Portland daily. That place has a large chunk of my heart. And my stomach, actually. If someone could send me a pound of Stumptown, a salmon flight from Bamboo, a khati roll from Bollywood, some salted caramel ice cream from Salt & Straw, a Loukanika salami from Olympic Provisions, a
bottle case of wine from Stoller, chicken wings from Pok Pok, an Arbor Lodge breakfast sandwich from The Big Egg, a poke bowl from Zupans, and all of my Portland friends, that’d be great! (I promise I won’t eat my friends, though.)
7. I really really love my dogs. But I really REALLY enjoyed having a 3-month break from them. I REALLY REALLY appreciate my in-laws for babysitting them for 3 months while we looked for a house. I REALLY REALLY REALLY need to purchase some lint roller refills.
**Was interrupted by kiddos again. It’s 4 days later, BTW.
8. Remember in Dumb & Dumber when Jim Carrey asks that guy if he wants to hear the most annoying sound in the world? Well, my sweet Willa has perfected that sound. Like, to a T. She usually whips it out during the witching hour when all hell is already breaking loose. It’s suuuuuper precious.
9. Speaking of my sweet Bill (unfortunate nickname that she’s stuck with, sorry gurl!), she is almost 8 MONTHS OLD. Please excuse me while I sob into her newborn pj’s. And my little Crosboy is going to be 3 in August. How. Why. Etcetera. Seriously though, I feel like time has flown by since we moved here. Yet, somehow I haven’t aged a day. :: she says as she tucks her boobs into her jeans and plucks a gray hair out of her eyebrow. ::
10. The other day Crosby pooped in the potty and wiped himself… with his hand. And then wiped his hand on the wall. I’m just going to leave you with that little visual.
Have a great day!