- Not much new to report today other than it’s Tuesday and I’m having a pretty bad hair day. Whoever said pregnancy makes your hair healthy and shiny can eat my shorts. The only thing happening north of my neck is a serious case of bedhead, which somehow manifests even when I haven’t been sleeping? Cool stuff, pregnancy.
- Last weekend, when everyone else was hunting Easter eggs and stuffing their faces with chocolate bunnies, Casey and I were spring cleaning our casa. We’ve never really done the whole spring cleaning thing before… but we sorta figured we should do it since we own a house now and I really needed a reason to search for that piece of garlic that’s been hiding under the oven for the last 4 months. Despite it’s spritely name, spring cleaning sucks. It took for.ev.er and I was SO sore on Sunday that all I could really do was lay in bed and watch 6 episodes of Parenthood on Amazon Prime. (I think we’ve just found the source of my perma-bedhead…)
- Before all the TV watching on Sunday, we did take the dogs to the dog park. All was going swell until Eddie got hisself peed on. I’m not sure how it happened, all I know is he came running up to me and I bent down to pet his head and then promptly stood back up with a handful of dog stranger’s pee on my hand. Which was fun. Eddie didn’t mind, that is until we got home and gave him the bath of a friggin lifetime. It’s safe to say he was cleansed of all of his sins this Easter. Amen.
- I’ve spent the last 15 minutes trying to get onto the Sun Chips website. Yes, Sun Chips as in, Sun Chips. Because why? Because I want to know why, for the love of William H Macy, can’t I find green Sun Chips anywhere? I wouldn’t say that green Sun Chips are so much a pregnancy craving as they are a necessary part of life. I’ve seriously looked for them at every major grocery store in a 5 miles radius and sure you can find Harvest Cheddar, which will suffice in a bind, and the red ones… which I’m not even sure what flavor they are… Original? Who cares about them. I need the green ones! And they are seriously nowhere to be found. Last week out of pure luck I found an individual size bag of green ones at dear old Mr. French’s coffee shop at the bottom of my office building. And that was a great day. I think I heard the heavens open up when I spotted that little green bag at the back of that chip bin. I almost hugged Mr. French but did not, for fear that I might crush some of my precious chips in the process. Anyways, I’ve been trying to get onto the Sun Chips website so I can send an email to whoever is in charge of stocking Portland with green Sun Chips because UR DOIN IT WRONG. However, their website isn’t loading and how many minutes is too many minutes to spend clicking the reload button on the Sun Chips website? Maybe this is a sign that this is a fruitless task. Hmmm… fruit sounds good right about now…. (Non-preggers people: please pour yourself a glass of wine, go back and reread that paragraph, and have a drink every time you read the words “Sun Chips”. Thank you, you’re welcome.)
- Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you probably know that Mila Kunis is preggers with Ashton Kutcher’s bebe. The thing is, I think she and I are right around the same timing which makes me kind of proud? Like we’re going through this together. Like we can lean on each other. I plan to send her an invitation to brunch to discuss, just as soon as I finish up my heated email to a one Mr. Chip, Sun.
- I feel like I need to give that husband of mine a shoutout. Especially because he’s been such a gem during this lovely pregnancy hormone mood swing phase that I like to call “bitchiness”. Thank gawd it’s not a constant thing (or is it Casey? IS IT!?!)… No really, the bitchiness tends to sneak up on me quite quickly and unexpectedly… and it usually manifests in me either biting Casey’s head off, or responding to him by making fart-noises with my mouth. It’s a fun phase that I’m most definitely documenting in my baby book for our sweet little one to read about many years down the road. (“I felt you move today Baby! I also threw a spatula at your father when he told me he couldn’t find green Sun Chips at the grocery store.”)
Good Lord that was an amazing weekend? Don’t you agree?
I’m not sure if it was because I unexpectedly had Friday off of work or because it was so nice out or because we had the perfect combination of house stuff + friend stuff, but man, all the fun? We had it this weekend.
And then! I met Casey for lunch at his office, which I’d never actually been in before. It’s only been a year and a half… But of course I forgot my phone in the car so I couldn’t be the annoying proud wife and take his picture in front of the building and by his desk and such. Speaking of, boys’ desks are depressing. Casey had no flair whatsover but he did have his gym towel hidden behind his computer – because of obvious reasons (??). It was so nice though to be able to see where he works every single day. And by the by, the Intel cafeteria wins. Fresh sushi + fountain strawberry soda for me and fish and chips + fountain grape soda for him. Yum. Oh also, Casey refused to let me hold his hand while I was there. Something about public displays of affection at work being embarrassing and stuff. Such a dude.
Friday night was spent at a pizza place and then watching Arrested Development (new season = meh.), Saturday was spent at the dog park (gus = spoiled) and then at a friends BBQ for the rest of the day/night. There was lots of cornhole (AKA beanbags, for the midwesterners) and lots of eating. I sucked at taking pictures so the only one I have from the day is:
Because you know, food. Also, say hi to husband in the background – no doubt searching the cooler for a PBR.
Sunday we met up with some friends for a late breakfast and some be-bopping around our ‘hood… and then hit up our mecca (Home Depot) before diving into 5 hours of yard work. I have a whole new level of respect for my parents because seriously, who knew that yards were so needy? My back is all kinds of sore today from all that manual labor. Don’t worry, our hard work was amply rewarded with homemade pizza on the grill + late-night s’mores, courtesy of our ghetto firepit.
Seriously, good times. Nothing out of the ordinary but I think just appreciated it more after the past few shoot-me-now-types of weekends.
After all the sushi, pizza, BBQ, pizza, s’mores… today was a rough one in the getting dressed department. The button on my pants is definitely working overtime today. And ladies, can we all collectively agree that putting jeans on after you’ve put lotion on should be an Olympic sport? Yeegads.