1. I’m sure I’ve said this a million times on the blog, but this stage of Crosby is so much fun. His little personality is the very best. Lately whenever I tell him I love him he responds with “doo doo”. Which… when I type it out, it looks… weird. But he says it in this sweet little voice like he thinks he’s telling me he loves me back. It breaks my heart and makes me so happy all at the same time.
2. Speaking of doodoo. You know what I realized the other day? No matter how much I boss around or scold or command my dogs, at the end the of the day, I’m the one that has to pick up their shit. So who really IS the boss in this equation?
3. I was talking to a girlfriend earlier about the physical feeling of relief that I sometimes get when I finally put Crosby to sleep for the night. Especially if it’s been a doozy of a day. It’s like as soon as I shut his door for the night, my entire body releases all this tension that I didn’t even know I had. You know? …Oh, you don’t know? I’m just an awful parent who gets a little high from putting her kid to bed? Ok, bye.
4. Casey and I and a couple of our friends went to see the play Annie on Broadway the other night. I was obsessed with that movie as a little person, so of course I loved seeing it live. Casey and our guy friend weren’t quite as enthused, though they did perk up during “hard knock life” and were both like hey, this is a jay-z song! We’re a well cultured bunch.
5. I mentioned this on the Facebooks a few weeks ago, but Casey and I are going to Europe next month! Oui oui bonjour baguette mademoiselle! (They’re going to hate me over there) One of my best friends is getting married in Paris (!!!) so we’ll be spending time there and in Amsterdam. I’m so so excited to go but also nervous to leave Crosby for that long/that far away. I’ve taken a few trips without him over the past year but this one is a bit more significant. I mean, there will be an ocean between us! And probably bays and estuaries and wetlands and other things! I just have to stay focused on the positives. Which are… best friends, baguettes, croissants, and cheese. Now please dear friends, if you’ve been to either of these places, tell me what we should do while we’re there. Please and thank you! S’il vous plait and merci!
6. I know we’re really late to the game here, but we’ve finally started (binge) watching Homeland. Oh man guys, it’s so good! But also… it gives me terrorism/bombing/ugly pantsuits anxiety. (No but really, Claire Danes’ pantsuits are real bad.) Anyway, the Homeland anxiety was really getting to me, to the point that I was having nightmares and had to request that we put it on hold until we come back from our Europe trip. I’m ridiculous.
7. I finally busted out my maternity jeans for the first time last weekend. This pregnancy has me growing outward bound MUCH faster than the first one. But let’s be honest… maternity jeans are so mother-effing comfortable, I’m not too mad about it. Though I have this theory that maternity pants make me look much more pregnant than regular pants. Does anyone else feel this way? Why is that?? Does the belly panel act as a push-up bra for your belly? Or something? Must look into this…
8. Speaking of bras… My boobs have gone up 2 sizes already during this pregnancy. In case you were curious.
9. And speaking of buns in the oven. I had a thought the other day when I was figuring out what to make for dinner. See, we had hotdog buns, but no hotdogs. And ground beef, but no hamburger buns. And as I was considering if I should pull a Steve Martin, I wondered, has anyone in this same situation ever just formed their hamburgers into hotdog-like shapes? It seems like a win/win to me…
10. I’ll just go ahead and stop talking now.